Posted to alt.home.repair
mike mike is offline

Default July 9 virus information - what it is & what to do

On 4/24/2012 2:41 PM, G. Morgan wrote:
Oren wrote:

http://www.dcwg.org/aboutcontact/

I checked, no warts here...

Now check for an FBI cookie, the persistent kind.

Here is a better way to check:
http://www.avira.com/files/support/F...NSRepairEN.exe

Ok, so you think you have malware that intercepts the process that
translates
www.avira.com to an IP address and sends you somewhere else that's bad.
So, you click on a link to an executable that uses this compromised
translation
process to get the file.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in this?

This may be an actual problem.
Some percentage of the links that get clicked may fix it.
If I were a virus writer, I'd jump on this and laugh my ass off.

What if you just wait for your internet to go away and then stick in
the DNS number off the paper that came with your isp contract?

And why didn't the FBI just have the offending DNS IP addresses
aliased to REAL DNS IP addresses. Problem Solved.

This may not be a duck, but it sure quacks like one. And I'd bet
that there are a lot of little ducklings lurking about.