Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Fracking in UK given green light

"harry" wrote in message
On Apr 24, 10:26 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"harry" wrote in message

On Apr 21, 6:39 pm, Jo Stein wrote:
Den 21.04.2012 17:53, skrev harry:

On Apr 21, 4:16 pm, Bob wrote:
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:11:02 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:
In ,
Jo wrote:
Not completely wrong. In the long run an accelertion is
going
to win.
The sea level is accelerating today and this acceleration
can
only be
stopped by reducing the extra energy that has resently
been
stored in
the sea. How will you reduce the extra energy stored in
the
sea?

What*are* you talking about. Nothing you've written so far
makes any
sense at all.

It all sounds scarily like Drivel.

He's talking about methane clathrates in the deep ocean and tipping
points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane...clathrates_and...

His English is bad but he has a valid point.

My english is bad because I am a Norwegian. I am talking about sea
level
rise caused by the increased level of CO2.
James Hansen knows more about
that:http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...s-hansen-ted-t...
Dr. Hansen then went on to describe some of the recent science,
including a detailed look at the Earth’s energy imbalance that was
made possible by data from 3000 “Argo” floats that measure ocean
temperature at different depths. Dr. Hansen said that the current
imbalance of 0.6 watts/square meter (which does not include the
energy already used to cause the current warming of 0.8°C) was
equivalent to exploding 400,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs every day,
365
days per year.

JH agrees with me; we need a lot of clean energy which is nuclear
energy.
Well if you're Norwegian, that's pretty good English.
I don't see what you have to worry about in Norway with all the hydro
power.
I don't see nuclear as being economic, safe or renewable.

More fool you.

And the mining of it causes problems too.

Mining of anything can, stupid.

Uranium is not clean energy.

Hell of a lot cleaner than coal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium...s_of_uranium_m...

Mindless silly stuff.

Aside from the unresolved waste disposal problems.

There are no problems. Used fuel is reprocessed into more fuel, stupid.-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear...Waste_disposal

Just because some cretin like you claims something, doesn’t make it gospel,
stupid.