Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Underfloor storage and underfloor access

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 18:11:45 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Nobody has stuck their head up above the parapets and admitted to doing
the storage thing yet :-)

Depends what you want to store. All cellars I have been in have been
damp so anything that doesn't like damp can't really be stored there.
I can't envisage an under floor void being any dryer than a cellar,
particulary if there is no DPM between the walls/floor and void.

Parnets 1930's semi had a decent sized void under the floor but the
floor of the void was just compacted earth. Plenty of moisture but
that's what the couple fo sets of double airbricks front and back
where there for...

--
Cheers
Dave.