Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Underfloor storage and underfloor access

"David WE Roberts" wrote in message
Two questions in a single thread :-)

Firstly, when we finally get our ground floor revamp under way we will be
replacing the floorboards with chipboard to get a level across various
different underfloors, then putting some kind of laminate (probably) on
top.

There will be quite a lot of stuff including plumbing, soil pipes and
electrics under the suspended floor so if we need to access them in the
future this could be a little tricky without ripping up large areas of
flooring.
So (assuming there is enough crawl space under the floor) has anyone built
a trap door to allow under floor access?

Again, if there is a significant underfloor void, has anyone used this for
storage?

Yep, my dad did when I was a teenager. Worked very well indeed.

Trap door over a mini wine cellar (one bottle deep, perhaps) sounds
possible.

Ours had a very small door in the outside wall so you could crawl into the
underfloor area.