Posted to uk.d-i-y
NT[_2_] NT[_2_] is offline

Default Underfloor storage and underfloor access

On Apr 24, 6:47*pm, harry wrote:
On Apr 24, 6:11*pm, "David WE Roberts" wrote:

"David WE Roberts" wrote in ...

Two questions in a single thread :-)

Firstly, when we finally get our ground floor revamp under way we will be
replacing the floorboards with chipboard to get a level across various
different underfloors, then putting some kind of laminate (probably) on
top.

There will be quite a lot of stuff including plumbing, soil pipes and
electrics under the suspended floor so if we need to access them in the
future this could be a little tricky without ripping up large areas of
flooring.
So (assuming there is enough crawl space under the floor) has anyone built
a trap door to allow under floor access?

Again, if there is a significant underfloor void, has anyone used this for
storage?
Trap door over a mini wine cellar (one bottle deep, perhaps) sounds
possible.

Thanks for the replies thus far.
Nobody has stuck their head up above the parapets and admitted to doing the
storage thing yet :-)

My access is from outside the building. *ie hole cut through outside
wall

its called a front door