Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Underfloor storage and underfloor access

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 13:10:34 +0100, David WE Roberts wrote:

Two questions in a single thread :-)

Firstly, when we finally get our ground floor revamp under way we will
be replacing the floorboards with chipboard to get a level across
various different underfloors, then putting some kind of laminate
(probably) on top.

There will be quite a lot of stuff including plumbing, soil pipes and
electrics under the suspended floor so if we need to access them in the
future this could be a little tricky without ripping up large areas of
flooring.
So (assuming there is enough crawl space under the floor) has anyone
built a trap door to allow under floor access?

Again, if there is a significant underfloor void, has anyone used this
for storage?
Trap door over a mini wine cellar (one bottle deep, perhaps) sounds
possible.

Or go really mad and have one of these:

http://www.spiralcellars.co.uk/

--