Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete Keillor[_2_] Pete Keillor[_2_] is offline

Default From flowchart to ladder

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 19:24:07 -0500, dpb wrote:

On 4/23/2012 6:56 PM, dpb wrote:
On 4/23/2012 5:34 PM, Tom Gardner wrote:

So, how do I get from flowchart to Ladder programming?

http://engineeronadisk.com/V2/book_PLC/engineeronadisk.html

BTW, I ran into the fellow who wrote this at an Embedded Systems
Conference in SF/SJ quite a number of years ago...

http://claymore.engineer.gvsu.edu/~jackh/

He's on faculty at Grand Valley State U in Michigan...

There are lots of other languages that might be suitable, such as
function block, structured text, and phase diagrams. Ladder is my
least favorite, but might be the best choice for your case. AB's phase
diagram programming was undergoing some changes about the time I
retired a couple years ago. I did a lot of AB and some Siemens.

If you can do the flowchart, you've done the tough part. Describing
exactly what you want the program to do is a large part of the work.
Still, I found it more and more difficult to focus while programming
after the age of 55 or so. Before that, if you came in my office
while I was working, I probably wouldn't hear you or notice you at
all. I'm a lot easier to interrupt these days.

Pete Keillor