Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Fork lift info

On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:59:43 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"
lloydspinsidemindspring.com wrote:

Larry Jaques fired this volley in
news
Carburetors seldom "lose their prime", Lloyd. When they do, it's
usually a cracked float bowl, with fuel spilling all over the engine.
You'd probably notice that, especially after the fire. g

I didn't say the carb "lost it's prime"; I said the vertical suction tube
in the tank (which goes to the bottom, and comes out the top) "loses its
prime".

That usually leads to carb float bowl emptiness. Pardon my assumption.
But both mechanical and electric fuel pumps generally keep the float
bowl full, and there would be gas in the carb when you went to start
it ten minutes or more later. Your complaint has holes in it.

The ounce of fuel into the carb every time will wash the oil off the
cylinder walls and you'll need to rebuild much sooner. I recommend
stopping that practice today.

I'm not doing that. You didn't read my post, did you?

OK, so you said the air cleaner intake and I responded to the more
usual "dump it in the carb" move. My mistake.

I already know all of what you warned of and suggested and more. I have
already trouble-shot the problem to this stage. There is no accelerator
pump on this carb (never was), and it has a working manual choke.

Fine. Good luck with your forklift tech after your response here.

Thanks.

Yeahright.

--
That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met,
you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King