Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Fracking in UK given green light

On Apr 21, 6:39*pm, Jo Stein wrote:
Den 21.04.2012 17:53, skrev harry:

On Apr 21, 4:16 pm, Bob *wrote:
*On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 16:11:02 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:
* *In ,
* * *Jo *wrote:

* *Not completely wrong. In the long run an accelertion is going to win.
* *The sea level is accelerating today and this acceleration can only be
* *stopped by reducing the extra energy that has resently been stored in
* *the sea. How will you reduce the extra energy stored in the sea?

* *What*are* *you talking about. Nothing you've written so far makes any
* *sense at all.

*It all sounds scarily like Drivel.

He's talking about methane clathrates in the deep ocean and tipping
points.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methane...clathrates_and...

His English is bad but he has a valid point.

My english is bad because I am a Norwegian. I am talking about sea level
rise caused by the increased level of CO2.
James Hansen knows more about that:http://thinkprogress.org/climate/201...s-hansen-ted-t...
* Dr. Hansen then went on to describe some of the recent science,
* including a detailed look at the Earth’s energy imbalance that was
* made possible by data from 3000 “Argo” floats that measure ocean
* temperature at different depths. *Dr. Hansen said that the current
* imbalance of 0.6 watts/square meter (which does not include the
* energy already used to cause the current warming of 0.8°C) was
* equivalent to exploding 400,000 Hiroshima atomic bombs every day, 365
* days per year.

JH agrees with me; we need a lot of clean energy which is nuclear energy.
--
* "Action on global warming can be driven by heroic leadership

Well if you're Norwegian, that's pretty good English.
I don't see what you have to worry about in Norway with all the hydro
power.

I don't see nuclear as being economic, safe or renewable.
And the mining of it causes problems too. Uranium is not clean
energy.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uranium...uranium_mining

Aside from the unresolved waste disposal problems.