Posted to alt.home.repair
MLD MLD is offline

Default Delta Single lever kitchen faucet. spout "stiff" to swing.

"jeff_wisnia" wrote in message

Our Delta single lever kitchen sink faucet started dripping a little bit
when shut off so I picked up a "full repair kit" and replaced the ball,
seals and o-rings.

The faucet now shuts off completely, but I've noticed that the spout is
quite a bit more difficult to move from side to side than it was before I
replaced the o-rings. And yes, the replacement o-rings were the same size
as what was in the faucet, though a bit flattened by years of use.

If hot water is running through the faucet the spout becomes much easier
to move. (Like maybe the o-ring material gets softer when warm?)

Do y'all think the spout will start to move more easily in a few days or
weeks?

Thanks guys,

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

The ring that holds the complete assembly might be too tight. Best thing to
do is to call Delta customer service. They do a great job in helping out
MLD