Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default From flowchart to ladder

From flowchart to schematic to ladder

I can design machine control circuits using relay logic but it's a
grueling job for me. I don't do it often enough to be proficient.
Typically, my circuits have 8 or less 344PDT relays with about as many
switches and as many outputs like valve coils and such. I can do a
flowchart in minutes but can't easily translate to a schematic.

We only have a couple of PLC controlled machines. I did the flowcharts
and hired a company to do the programming. I would very much like to
become proficient at doing the whole job in house. I can think of a
number of applications that using PLCs to replace relay boxes would be
very beneficial.

I use a bunch of stuff from "Automation Direct" and I've been looking at
their "Click" line of PLCs. They seem inexpensive and powerful.

So, how do I get from flowchart to Ladder programming?