Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Pump on flow or return?

Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
brass monkey wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Lieutenant Scott wrote
Rod Speed wrote

Mine does,

We'll see...

I have a room stat.

A single stat aint gunna tell you when no radiator is on.

We don't need to know about that, if the room stat says it's warm
enough, the boiler shuts down.

With a wireless stat you can put it in the room most important to you
at the time.

Pretty basic stuff.

I don't understand people without one.

The location of the pump has to allow for whatever is seen on that
question of room stats.

Running the pump and boiler when you need no heat is insane.

Yes, but if the no need for heat is relatively short term due
to an unseasonal patch of warmer weather during the day
doesn't mean that it makes any sense to shut down the
boiler completely. It may still need some heat at night etc
or when the unseasonally warm ending.

Well yea, if you're burning logs it's a bit of a bugger having to ****
on it during a warm patch then go find the matches later.

ROTFPMSL! Well he does live in Australia, they haven't got mains
gas.....

Wrong, as always. We have a hell of a lot more gas than you lot do and
we do in fact have mains gas and many use it for heating our houses.

**** all are silly enough to use boilers and radiators now tho, we use
air systems instead.

What's so special about these air systems?

Hell of a lot easier and so cheaper to do and require a hell
of a lot less maintenance and last a hell of a lot longer and
are a hell of a lot easier to maintain if they require that.

P.S. I don't like noise.

There is no noise with one that's well designed.