Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Wood Pecker Damage

On Apr 22, 5:56*pm, wrote:
On Apr 22, 2:01*pm, Lane wrote:

wrote:
I couldn't beleive what I saw today. The rear corne of my house looked
like the paint was peeling. Tonite I happened to be closer to the
corner and I see these big chew holes in my cedar shingle siding. I
will get it fixed, but whats to prevent it from happening again? I
read that its not necessarily due to insects in the wood that draws
the wood peckers.

Woodpeckers don't chew. They're not strong enough to cause the kind of
damage you're describing.

Sounds like squirrels -- this is exactly the kind of thing they do.
They typically get access to the upper parts of a house via
overhanging trees or tall shrubs. You might need to do some serious
tree-trimming.

No trees near by. They were wood peckers. I'm thinking of using bondo
for repair.

I thnk bondo would work just fine.