Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Grammer and spieling

Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 10:32:31 +0100, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I was interested in the announcment at Waterloo "this train

terminates
here". It would have been interesting if it hadn't.
Why? The train could be going onto other stations.

It would be more interesting if it did. The thought of it vanishing into
a pile of scrap at platform 12, is interesting, to say the least.

Why would it do that?

I don't know any other meaning of terminating a train.

A train *service* yes, but not the train.

Hint: Trains do not have to leave a station in
the same direction they arrived, be that station a through or
terminus type.

Irrelevant.

and how hard it is to achieve it.