Posted to alt.home.repair
MMark MMark is offline

Default Whirlpool Washer, trap/filter cap busted

On Apr 22, 8:49*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Post some model numbers, etc. I will call my parts house, and see if they
can get the freaking cap separately.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about freaking
*www.freaking.org
.

Sorry if this posts twice; I haven't been a big usenet user since
Verizon dropped NNTP support, and the Google Groups interface seems to
take a long time to update. Been more than 10 minutes since I sent
the reply and it's still not showing, so I'll try again.

Anyway, the washer model # is WFW9200SQA12. Online I found the Repair
Parts List for the washer (W10188972). On page 9 it got down to the
part I need. In the diagram, the specific part (the filter plug) is
listed as #8540996, but when I've searched online it always comes up
with the whole pump assembly. Did for the Sears operator too.
Strictly speaking, I don't even need the filter grate; I just need the
plug.

On that same page, part #W10130913 is Pump (complete) which is the
whole ball of wax - pump, motor, filter, mountings, etc. That's all
I've been able to find so far.

Haven't found anywhere that sells just the plug... Might have to go
with the gob of epoxy afterall

Thanks
Mark