Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Whirlpool Washer, trap/filter cap busted

On 4/22/12 3:42 PM, MMark wrote:
Hi...

Seems I have a while before any parts stores will be open, so I
thought I'd ask on here...

We have a 5-yr-old Whirlpool Duet, front-loading washer. A couple of
weeks ago, as part of spring cleaning, we washed the bath mats and a
couple of them started falling apart, so today I thought I'd DIY my
annual/semi-annual routine of cleaning out the filter trap. Went
about as usual (or so I thought). I put the cap back in and started
to load some laundry.

Some cut due to aioe quotation limits.

So, since I've got some time, anyone have any ideas where I might get
just the replacement cap instead of the whole freaking pump assembly?

Thanks
Mark

I have found individual parts on Ebay for some things.