Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour[_2_] RicodJour[_2_] is offline

Default Multifunction Tool - does anyone use lower speeds with this tool?

On Apr 16, 8:14*pm, "Bob F" wrote:

It seems to me that the high speed vibration is this tools big advantage, and
that slowing it down will just make it shaky and less effective. Do you really
use the lower speeds for anything useful?

If all you ever cut is wood of similar density, using the same type of
blade, don't mind heating up the blade unnecessarily and shortening
it's life, and don't have any really detailed things to cut, then a
single speed is just fine.

None of the above applies to me, so I have a variable speed unit.