Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default How busy do you want your roofer to be?

On 4/22/2012 8:58 AM, Home Guy wrote:

Even on what you think is a cool day - if it's sunny and not too much
wind your shingles will get nice and warm (and will flatten out and seal
properly). ...

If'en they actually get direct sun; meanwhile the side that doesn't may
well not be warm enough at all...and here's a reason so many roofers
will choose the dark color specifically for the warming effect whereas a
light color will reflect a far higher percentage of the incident
radiation and may not get warm enough. The homeowner then pays the
price of higher cooling bills and earlier wearout from the hot
weather--"you can pay me now or you can pay me later".