Posted to uk.d-i-y
Thomas Prufer Thomas Prufer is offline

Default Dent in wooden kitchen worktop?

On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:58:30 +0100, "David WE Roberts"
wrote:

I think you may have inadvertantly answered my query about wooden worktops:-(

Given the damage and faff of repairing it, would you go for wooden worktops again?

A lot easier to repair a dent or burn in a wooden worktop than a melamine-coated
one. The melamine won't dent or burn nearly as easily, but if it does, you'll be
routing in a plate of something, or replacing the lot. And by getting the
granite top instead, you've made sure it won't dent -- but also that the cup
will never survive the drop.

Just get what you like the look of, and feel comfortable paying for: wood,
melamine, stainless, tile, stone -- it'll all wear out eventually:-)

Thomas Prufer