Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Garbage disposal --- Quick and cheap

On Apr 21, 7:07*pm, "Malcom \"Mal\" Reynolds" atlas-
wrote:
In article ,
*Ed Pawlowski wrote:

My 15 year old garbage disposal sort of bit the dust. *After removing
it, I think it can be repaired, but too late, the new one is in place.
This is sort of a mundane story,but there is money to be saved if you
look around. *I knew what I wanted, a batch feed unit from either
KitchenAid (what we had) or InSinkErator (same thing, different
brand).

When we first had the problem, my wife said "want to run to Lowes",
but I declined and decided to hit the internet first.

Lowes carried the model I wanted KBDS100T for $429 + tax ($455.81
total in CT). *They did not have it in stock, but would have it by May
1 for pickup in the store.

Amazon had it for $349 +$15.72 shipping. Sold by AJ Wholesale. *In
stock.

Click, Click *on to Abt.com an electronics supplier out of Chicago
area. *$325 including shipping.

I never ordered from them, but took a chance. *It was ordered on
Tuesday night, shipped on Wednesday via UPS and delivered on Friday.

Installed it this morning in less than an hour, including looking for
the *@#$ screwdriver my grandson used. *$130 still in my pocket.

I really like to shop local and support local merchants, but $130
takes a while to earn. It wills till be spread around local though.
Instead the appliance store, that money bought us lunch today, some
new shirts, etc. * Buying a new shirt buys a bowl of rice for the kid
that sewed it in Bangladesh.

I got one of these (not from costco) and love the idea of a lifetime free in
house replacement. not to mention it's way cheaper. Got mine via Amazon, costco
didn't carry it at the time

$139.99
Shipping & Handling included *
The estimated delivery time will be approximately
7 - 10 business days from the time of order.

The Waste King 1 HP Food Waste Disposer offers the convenience of mounting to
any existing sink flange and is backed by the industries only in-home LIFETIME
replacement warranty.

For new installations, the Waste King 1 HP Disposer comes equipped with a
professional 3-bolt mounting system, a precision engineered five-piece system
designed to be fast and easy.

If you are replacing an existing disposer there is no need to remove your sink
flange. Simply use the Waste King 1 HP Disposer supplied splash guard and easily
install the new unit. This splash guard lets you switch to a reliable Waste King
1 HP Disposer without spending additional time removing an existing sink flange.

The Waste King 1 HP Disposer comes with the best and longest warranty in the
industry, LIFETIME in-home warranty, which demonstrates a commitment to quality.

Features:

* * * Replacement Instructions
* * * 1 Horsepower
* * * Mounts to any existing sink flange
* * * Professional 3-bolt mounting system
* * * Vortex powered (permanent magnet motor technology)
* * * Less jamming (no jam wrench necessary)
* * * Corrosion proof grinding chamber
* * * Sound insulated for quiet operation
* * * Front mounted reset button
* * * Septic safe (for properly sized systems)
* * * Attached power cord
* * * Dimensions: 16.0625" H x 8.5" W
* * * Warranty: Lifetime in-home replacement

With the Waste King 1 HP Food Waste Disposer you can rest assured you are
purchasing the most environmentally responsible unit on the market today. Tests
have shown that Waste King disposers are set apart from the competition by using
permanent magnet motor technology, innovations in use of plastics, raw materials
and packaging designs. Waste King Disposers are committed to helping protect the
planet earth.

Green Features:

* * * Use less energy and water
* * * Lower current draw
* * * No foam in packaging
* * * Packaged in recycled corrugated
* * * Less copper in windings than induction motors
* * * Less Overall shipping weight and volume
* * * Less paint per unit on disposers

[Model 9980]
Standard shipping via UPS Ground is included in the quoted price. The estimated
delivery time will be approximately 7 - 10 business days from the time of order.
*Delivery is available to Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico. An additional Shipping
and Handling fee will apply to shipments going to Alaska, Hawaii or Puerto Rico.
This fee will be quoted at checkout. Additional transit time may be required.
Costco.com products can be returned to any of our more than 600 Costco
warehouses worldwide.- Hide quoted text -

$325

$199

$140

Do I hear $125 gentlemen, going once, going twice.....