Posted to uk.d-i-y
species8350 species8350 is offline

Default Enhancing off boom tv signals?

On Apr 21, 2:24*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article
.com, species8350 scribeth thus

On Apr 21, 12:14*pm, tony sayer wrote:
In article
s.com, species8350 scribeth thus

I have a loft aerial (Yagi type (9 verical elements; 2 reflectors,
wideband, directional, and connected to a distribution amplifier)
pointing towards a transmitter (relay) and get good reception (high S
and High Q).

On occasions, usually in the early morning (say 2am), I can *receive
some signals from another transmitter that I believe is about 90
degrees to the boom (parent). These signals are not transmitted from
the relay. At other times during the day this signal (parent) is very
weak and unwatchable.

My question is: Is it possible to enahance these weak signals at 90
degrees with little effect to the forward direction?

I would be reluctant to alter the position of the aerial due to my
current exellent reception, and the difficulties of working in the
loft.

It would not be possible to point the aerial at the main transmitter
from the current installation. *The best I could do would be to point
the aerial between the transmitters (almost certainy lose all
reception). Although I can receive some signals from the main
transmitter, I am not confident that I would be able to receive all
the multiplexes. People around me all use the local relay transmitter
because of geographical considerations.

Any DIY suggestions?

Thanks

You have posted this on cam.misc and got some sensible answers there.

I did ask you if you could tell us which transmitters are in use then
you could get some sensible practical answers.

Sometimes but very rarely this can be done, but posting in the ng you
originally did if you are in that area a simple Y combiner will be
asking for trouble most all of the time.

If however if you are somewhere else then it "could" be done but you'd
need to go the right way about it.

Your best bet is to tell us where you are located and what transmitters
you are attempting to receive until you have done that there isn't any
really useful help to be had!...

--
Tony Sayer

I have a reasonable knowledge regarding the transmitters, locations,
polarisations, powers, etc, etc. I tend to post to a number of groups
since some people read some, but not other groups. Hence, I hope to
gain as much information as possible, as this helps me learn, and make
better judgements.

Best wishes.

So is there any reason then why you can't or don't want to *tell anyone
what the transmitters involved are?...
--
Tony Sayer

Only that I don't see the point.

I think I have enough knowledge regarding the transmitters.