Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Slightly OT-Bench grinder disassembly

On Apr 20, 9:38*pm, "Dave" wrote:
Am attempting to modify my bench grinder, replacing the thermal fuse with a
thermostat, but I can't get the damn thing open. *Once I remove the four
screws that fix the "end-cap" (sorry, I don't know what the "caps" on the
sides of the grinder are called...) said end-cap spins freely, but refuses
to relinquish its hold on the armature (sp?) shaft. *Any ideas as to how
this thing might be built, and how to gain access to its innerds? *It's a
3/4 HP BG-6, put out by AJ Tools, if that helps any. *Yer basic 6" (2-wheel)
bench grinder from 30 years ago. *Draws 6 Amps and spins at approx 3400 RPM.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

A photo or two would be a big help to get started.