Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] tangerine3@toyotamail.com is offline

Default underground cistern

Those things were usually built quite well. Originally the rain gutters
were sent into it. Do it again, then get a small pump for the garden
hose to use it.

Water butts? HUH????????

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 03:46:06 -0700 (PDT), Kelvin Kersey
wrote:

Hi all. I live in a drought area and my (Victorian) house has a large
underground cistern for collecting rainwater. It is empty and has not
been used for many years (I suppose since mains water was installed)
and I'm wondering whether I could use it again by diverting drainpipes
or just the overflow from water butts. Does anyone know anything about
this sort of thing? I wouldn't like to make the ground soggy and have
the house tip into it. Am I being alarmist. Any advice appreciated.
Thanks