Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default OT. Marshall AS100D, of 2008

Gareth Magennis wrote in message

I'm getting too much repair work in these days, how to find someone to
take
off some of the load?
As an interim I will only have the phone ringer active perhaps two hours

day, any other idea? Myself / friends/ local shop referrer + his friends

,
cannot find anyone to help out

The problem is finding anyone competent enough not to ruin your
reputation/business. If all your repairs start coming back you will have

whole load of extra stress and problems to the ones you have now.

My advice would be to stay a one man band and limit your repair intake.
e.g. refuse all Hi-fi, Pro-audio, or whatever section you least like to

deal
with, or makes you the least money with the most effort.

I know what it like to have a 2 to 3 week backlog and more - dreading

every
phone call because most of them are customers wanting to know why you
haven't repaired their gear yet.
Its a nightmare world of stress you just don't need.

Gareth.

Your probably right , and the blame culture/ excess litigation these days

In this game it would be nice for somenone to to take on those PbF failed
guitar input sockets and failed flimsey send/return bypass switches but even
those repairs it is possible for a numbskull to replace a header the wrong
way etc .

I intend not touching anything over 20 Kg at some point, I have the spring
balance , that cutoff going down in weight over time.
The telephone business of a timer to the phone ringer (so to the outside
world the phone is ringing) because most of my work comes via phone and this
should deter the friends of friends. Nothing against them as customers but
its just a way of cutting down the numbers.
Like the job application sifting business of rejecting all applications that
come in on anything other than white paper , just to reduce the numbers
to something manageable.