Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_6_] Steve Barker[_6_] is offline

Default Gas piping question

On 4/19/2012 1:34 PM, Attila.Iskander wrote:

"EXT" wrote in message
news.com...

"Larry W" wrote in message
In article , dpb wrote:
On 4/16/2012 12:02 AM, wrote:

Functionally the same as using a 1 inch "T" as an elbow, with a
reducing bushing in the top to take the 1/2" pipe. Reducing bushing
is not allowed here....

A source for the particular reducing tee has been identified elsewhere;
I'm intrigued by the "Reducing bushing is not allowed here" part. Not
allowed by what or by whom? I never heard of such restrictions on how a
specific objective is achieved in installation as a code prohibition
for
such an ordinary thing as one additional fitting.

What if you can't find the tee easily, would a nipple and a reducing
coupling not be allowed either?

--

Code for gas piping often prohibits use of bushings and instead mandates
bell-style reducers (either with both ends female threads or

I have also noticed that plugs are never used to terminate an unused
line, they always use a short nipple and a cap.

That's so they can charge you extra for the nipple and cap.

also, not true.

--
Steve Barker