Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Last Project Completed

On 4/19/2012 2:42 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/19/2012 2:19 PM, Leon wrote:

Well I can see "today" how a terabyte is probably needed for a "pro"
photographer, musician, cinematographer, and perhaps a few others. But
for the most part I would imagine the average user will be well handled
with less than 1 terabyte drive, just for data.

Yeah, right! .. that's what Bill Gates supposedly said about 640KB.

And exactly why I qualified that with "today", "pro" and a few others.
I am well aware that there will be exceptions but "today" I can't see
more than 85% of the general public needing more, "today". The future
is a whole different ball game.

Wait until you start saving that O' Brother Where Art Thou" sequel, and
Ashley Judd HD movies for future viewing. The trend in storing these
data intensive formats is away from the optical to hard drive and/or
cloud storage.

A Terabyte is, despite protestations to the contrary hereabouts,
shrinking in its expectations as we speak.

Just the upcoming TV paradigm revolution is going to make a TB seem like
floppy disk storage in very short order.

And wait till when Hologram TV comes to life. ;~)