Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

In article ,
Han wrote:

We appear to live in
times where the easy way to combat deficits isn't feasible anymore, due
to the interrelatedness of the world's economies. That used to be
devaluation of one's currency, a much used tactic in the past. When I
was a teenager, the French franc had devalued so much that "new" francs
were issued, valued at 1:1000 I believe ...

Not really. It has been working OK for the US, at least so far.
The Euro is another kettle of fish since it is more than one sovereign
nation with more than one goal. Euro members really can't inflate their
way out of the problems... at least until Germany and/or France run into
stormy weather, then we'll see.
We'd be having the same problems as Europe is Mississippi was
trying to have a different monetary policy then California or Nevada. It
is really hard (and I am leaning personally toward impossible) to have a
situation where you have a single currency yet multiple soverign nations
with multiple monetary needs.