Posted to uk.d-i-y
js.b1 js.b1 is offline

Default Elnur storage heater reset

On Apr 19, 4:42*pm, alamaison wrote:
One of our storage heaters, an Elnur SH24A, has stopped charging

24kWhr, 13A supply so 15A fuse or 16A/20A MCB/RCBO at the CU.

It was new this year so I hope it's just the thermal cutout that's
triggered (no idea why). *Does anyone know how to reset one of these?

Do all the other storage heaters work?
DNO Teleswitch black boxes can rarely fail (on or off).

Has the MCB/RCBO/RCD tripped?

Is power getting to the heater at the correct time?
A switch with a neon is preferable for a storage heater.

Are the connections sound in both the switch & storage heater?
Obviously you need to isolate at the CU first.

The only switch i've found that measures a high resistance (20 Ohms)
accross it is a small beige cylinder with a little reddy-orange 'nipple' on it.
The nipple is slightly moveable and I've tried tweaking it a bit (cue toilet
humour) but the resistance stay stubbornly high. *According to the wiring
diagram, it is in the right place for the safety switch (Ts).

Mmmm, 20ohms is about right for 4 elements, 13A, 24kWhr storage.
Thermal fuses are replace only, thermal trips are "push plunger back
down".

Any help greatly appreciated (and will save me about £350).

Elnur probably have a fixed call out service for £70-90, maybe parts
on top.