Posted to uk.d-i-y
Martin Bonner Martin Bonner is offline

Default Grauniad article about power interconnectors between UK and Europe

On Sunday, 15 April 2012 21:54:15 UTC+1, jgharston wrote:
Mike Barnes wrote:
OK, but AAMOI what colours do you suggest? Orange and green look pretty
different to me, and I'm in OAP territory.

I've been staring at the diagram and fiddling with the colour controls
on my monitor, and on that diagram they look identical to me.

Are you (partially) red-green colour blind? That might well explain your problem.

Three colours on a grey background? How about black, white, blue, red,
(orange OR green OR yellow). That's five. There are simple tools
to work out the best contrasts between colours, but the most effective
tool is actually learning it in the first place.

The contrast is different for different individuals. They could have used red instead of orange - but that wouldn't help for some.

A better choice would have been solid green for "in progress" and dotted green for "proposed"