Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin Kevin is offline

Default Painting the unglazed edge of wall tiles

On 19/04/2012 11:17, GMM wrote:
On Apr 19, 10:13 am, "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:
On Thu, 19 Apr 2012 01:44:58 -0700 (PDT), GMM wrote:
The tiles are white but the glaze doesn't (as usual) cover the whole of
the edge.

That's why they make edge tiles... though probably not avaialable for
the cheaper end of the rage wall tiles, plastic edging strip is
cheaper. Can't think of any reasons why edging strip can't be used
either.

I'd love to find a source of edge tiles but haven't seen them for
years.

Apart from not being able to find bull-nosed RE and REX tiles easily,
even plain white ones, I notice that no-one seems to make those tiles in
which odd ones in the box had one or two edges completely square, but
glazed. Something to do with most/all tiles being imported, perhaps?

I don't like the appearance or added dirt-traps of plastic edging.

--
Kevin Poole