Posted to uk.d-i-y
Man at B&Q Man at B&Q is offline

Default LED Lightbulbs

On Apr 18, 1:13*pm, "dennis@home"
wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in ...

It was your assertion, and the implication that the person you replied
to was wrong, quote "Do you mean the rear fogs, I know of none that
have front fogs where you have to have the headlamps on as well. "
that is at issue.

That was a question and an indication of why I asked the question.

I also revise my previous answer, I still don't know of one that has front
*fog* lamps that don't work independently of the dipped headlights. AFAICS
none of the ones quoted actually have front *fog* lamps that work only with
the dipped headlamps according to the owners manuals that I have downloaded.

I suspect that the ones that work only when the dipped headlights are on are
*not* fog lamps. They probably don't meet the construction and use regs for
fog lamps. I have seen cars with what look like fog lights but they aren't
close enough to the edges of the car so they *can't* be fog lights.

So I guess I am asking you for evidence that there are cars with
manufactures (anyone can fit ones that work either way if they want) *fog*
lights that only work with the dipped headlights on.

04MY Cmax handbook. Front and rear fog lamps are interlocked with the
side/headlight switch.

If you don't think they are fog lights, then take it up with Ford.

MBQ