Posted to uk.d-i-y,sci.electronics.repair
Winston Winston is offline

Default Booting problem - Toshiba Netbook NB200

News wrote:
In message , Graham.
writes
On Fri, 13 Apr 2012 06:18:22 -0700 (PDT), NT
wrote:

Maybe try an OS with more uptime I've no idea re the fault, best to
ask on sci.electronics.repair.

A little more infomation perhaps?
Anything on the screen, does it do the initial POST, any error
messages?

Sorry. Absolutely nothing. The power light comes on, but the screen does
not react. No messages, no beeps, nothing.

Personally I dunno. Apparently others have gotten their units to boot
by freezing them (in a real freezer) before booting up.

This looks interesting from
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...t-492391.html:

" Toshiba NB200 won't boot
I have found a fix for this. I do computer repair for a living and have now
repaired two nb200's with this fault. Here's how:

1) Get the computer to post and boot. There's a few ways to do this if it will NEVER post. You can leave the computer
off for around 2 months. I had one which never posted no matter what I tried. After leaving it sit around for about 2
months, I tried again and it posted and booted, but once it warmed up again it wouldn't post again. You can also try
putting it in your car overnight to cool it down, or lastly you can try the freezer trick. Once you have it booted to
windows, DON'T restart or power down as it may not post again.

2) Download the latest BIOS update for your NB200 which is v2.1. Make sure it's for the correct part number which can be
found on the back of your nb200.

3) Connect your power lead and make sure the nb200 has at least 50% charge.

4) Install the v2.1 BIOS update.

Both nb200's I have repaired like this would only post intermittently before this v2.1 BIOS update. As I mentioned, 1 of
them wouldn't post at all for two months. Both nb200's were initially running the v1.2 BIOS. Immediately after this v2.1
update, both nb200's post and boot every time, even when i have left them running near a heater in a hot room. Basically
fixed.

You can find out what BIOS version you have on the main page of the BIOS setup screen.

So, get it to boot, and flash to the latest bios update."

--Winston