Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

In article , Dan Espen
wrote:

We can, and should, raise taxes to reduce deficits.
Isn't deficit reduction a conservative goal?

I would be a lot more sanguine about tax increases if I saw any reason
(from both parties) to suggest that the increases would actually be used
for deficit reduction and not just spent. Over the last 30 years, there
have been only two times where the year over year %age increase went
down (ex. from 3% per year to 2.5% per year) for more than 2-3
consecutive years. The first was the initial 5 years of Gramm-Rudman
before they started all the work arounds. THe next was the first 5 years
of the Contract with America, although that barely made it to 5. Both
times were short lived as Congresscritters from both parties cracked
under the strain of respectabilty and started to spend again.