Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Is there any way or product to seal a pinhole in an inaccessible 1/2" copper pipe?

On 17 Apr 2012 03:17:08 GMT, Sjouke Burry s@b wrote:

wrote in news:rtgpo75v6doo37mq017jf808seevkfl1me@
4ax.com:

I've presented this before and was guided to check out the baseboard
heating register. No leaks. So the pin hole I guess is below the
hardwood floorboards and most likely the sub-floor beneath that. There
is a finished sheet rock ceiling in the room below with no leak
showing anywhere.

I'm hoping there is something like motor-magic that can be fed into
the hot water heating system which would find its way to the leak.

Anyone have any good ideas??? Thanks

Find a copper pipe that fits inside the broken one?
It will reduce the capacity a bit, but you need only access to
both ends.

Never heard of boiler sealer? Irontite Ceramic Sealer comes to mind.
Was used a lot in iron piping - and I've used it to stop up a bad head
gasket on a junker, as well as a cracked engine block. The stuff is
durable.

SealTyte is another brand.

Not sure if the pipes will be hot enough to set the product.

PurePro makes 2 broducts -BoilerWeld and Hydronic Leak Seal. Boiler
weld comes in powder or liquid - you would want the liquid.