Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

Kurt Ullman wrote in
m:

In article
3466611.154.1334689829036.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@ynje10,
wrote:

For one thing it would ensure that everyone paid their "fair share." Everyone
would pay the same rate, but the rich spend more money so they would end up
paying more taxes.

I'd be a little more supportive if someone could give me a definition
of "fair share" that did not, in essence, boil down to "what offends me
personally".

The only reasonable definition of "fair share" IMHO is that above a certain threshold level
designed to protect the working poor from having to pay *any* tax, everyone pays the
same rate.