Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Miller[_4_] Doug Miller[_4_] is offline

Default OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

wrote in news:5630687.187.1334690449443.JavaMail.geo-
discussion-forums@ynee23:

On Tuesday, April 17, 2012 11:53:29 AM UTC-4, net cop wrote:
Reminds me of every proposed flat tax plan.
They all have "unspecified offsets".

Specify the offsets and we can talk. Until then
it's a huge benefit to the rich.

No it is not.

Right now the rich have loopholes and tax shelters and all kids of places to hide their

money. They can earn it and spend it without paying a dime in taxes.

You can't hide the money you SPEND.

Which brings us around to the other big advantage of a sales tax: It's the only way there is of
taxing illegally earned income.

Sure, there might be one or two drug dealers somewhere in the U.S. who actually declare
their income on Form 1040 and pay taxes on it -- but common sense tells you that most of
them don't. As is the case, I'm sure, with a great many people who are paid in cash.