Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_2_] Dan Espen[_2_] is offline

Default OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

" writes:

R On Apr 17, 7:29Â*pm, Dan Espen wrote:
The mortgage discussion was just discussed on this evening's
PBS Newshour.

That's reassuring.

The "expert" identified the primary goal of the mortgage deduction
as "encouraging home ownership". Â*The people that would fight repeal
were home builders and banks.

I see your problem. You're impressed with "experts" that the
media puts forth.

NO!

You think I put "experts" in quotes for fun?

Most of them don't know their ass from
a hole in the ground. An "expert" is any damn fool who's
opinion supports the way they want to tell a story.

No, an expert in this case is someone that convinces the staff
of the PBS Newshour that they are knowledgeable on the subject.
If you'd like to research the subject and post your results
go ahead.

Here's my expert take. The "corporate welfare"
mantra is a good example of where you and Democrats
are coming from today. By trying to call anything and
everything welfare, you seek to legitimze handing
out money to people for doing nothing, which is what
real welfare is and at the same time, you get to attack
capitalism. Yes, the banks benefit from issuing
more mortgages. So, do lumber companies, electricians,
HD, and the taxpayers using that particular deduction.
Are they all on welfare too? Feel free to consult with
your talking head.....

I don't have to.

First the traditional welfare system that you are ranting about
was scaled back a long time ago with the help of Newt and company.
I'm fine with that. I'm also open to further reforms.

Second, if you don't believe me, remember Dwight Eisenhower. He warned
all of us about what was going to happen. We give 3 billion in aid to
some country and it turns out it's 3 billion to buy US made military
equipment. I call that welfare.

--
Dan Espen