Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default An actual on topic question (electrical)

"Kurt Ullman" wrote in message
m...
Just got done changing out a GFI outlet on the box next to my pool. It
looks like everything is working okay, but the circuit tester indicates
an open nuetral. Anything I need to look for or can I safely ignore it?

Have you plugged anything in the socket that uses a reasonable ammount of
current and does it work ?

If it works, the neutral can not be open and the tester is wrong.

If it does not work, the neutral can be open and you have not wired it
correctly, assuming it was wired correctly to start with.