Posted to alt.home.repair
Kurt Ullman Kurt Ullman is offline

Default OT Taxes My Proposed Taxes Fairness Bill of 2012

In article , Dan Espen
wrote:

I once heard that there is more effort expended in tax preparation
using professionals then there is in producing cars in the US.

I doubt it. Even including the large staffs most corporations acquire
to avoid paying taxes.

Maybe not. The estimated compliance costs (bookkeeping, time taken to
get the stuff together and fill out the forms, filing help from H&R
Block to a Big 8 Accounting firm, etc.) was estimated at $391.1 billion
in 2009. As of 2009 the income-tax industry employed more workers than
are employed at the five biggest employers among Fortune 500
companies--more than all the workers at Wal-Mart Stores, United Parcel
Service, McDonald's, International Business Machines, and Citigroup
combined.
Researchers from the Fair Tax Blog note that complying with the
federal income tax code amounts to imposing a 22.2-cent tax compliance
surcharge for every dollar the income tax system collects. The
compliance costs are said to be highly regressive.