Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping: Leon

On 4/17/2012 6:39 PM, Dave wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 06:19:46 -0500, Leonlcb11211@swbelldotnet
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...0362/lightbox/

I was wondering how you attach your drawer fronts to the drawer case?
~ Something as simple as a screw into the back of the drawer front or
perhaps something a little more esoteric?

Each project is different but in this case I put 4, 1" Pocket hole
screws in from the the inside of the box into the front.

I had a jig for spacing the false front to the box.

In bigger cabinet drawers I do the same with but I use 1.125" pocket
holes screws and let them protrude through the draw front a little bit.
Then I align the false front and press it against the screws to make
indexing marks on the back side of the false front. I then open the
drawer realign the screws with the marks and drive the screws into those
index marks.

Now if I have the pulls in advance I mark the holes on the front of the
false front for the pull and drive the pocket hole screws in at that
point, from the front of the false front into the drawer, open the
drawer and put 4 pocket hole screws in from the inside to securely
attach the false front to the drawer and remove the 2 screws in the
front where the pull will be located and use the regular machine thread
screws in those holes for the pulls.