Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Ping: Leon

On 4/17/2012 12:46 PM, Swingman wrote:
On 4/17/2012 11:41 AM, Leon wrote:
On 4/17/2012 8:46 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

And I like the power line duck.

Oh! so you were snooping around! LOL... Glad you did and glad you
enjoyed it.. The duck is something isn't it? Swingman identified it as a
Whistling Duck. I see them almost daily in our neighborhood. They have a
very distinctive "Quack"? and they immediately draw my attention.

I used to torment them with my BB gun as a kid. They are the only duck I
ever saw that will sit on telephone wire, especially one with
under-hanging tree limbs below, where I could sneak up on them and get
into BB gun range.

And NO, they don't make good gumbo ... my Nana told me that, but at nine
years old and finally getting my hands on a weapon that would let me bag
one, I had to try anyway. She was right.

Gofer, Everett?