Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/17/2012 8:16 AM, m II wrote:
You obviously haven't soldered with it or you wouldn't think flux substitutes
for real solder you trolling flux-sucker.

PEX wouldn't be so popular if it wasn't for lead-free sludge.

---------
"Steve Turner" wrote in message ...
That's what flux is for, ya top-posting flux-knuckle.

----------
On 4/17/2012 7:44 AM, m II wrote:
Lead free solder doesn't flow anyway. It doesn't matter what you heat.

---------------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message ...
It does look like a nifty tool. I wouldn't buy one for the amount of
sweating I do, but it does look cool. As for what to heat - In my opinon it
doesn't matter - the heat will transfer to both parts.

------------
wrote:
Looks like a real handy tool - and just as a matter of interest -
remember that thread a few months ago about heating the pipe or the
fitting??? Notice the tool clamps to the PIPE, NOT the fitting???

I wonder why???
Because it WORKS.

Yes I HAVE, many times. It DOES flow, with the proper flux and the right
amount of heat. Granted, lead-based solder is much easier to use (for less
capable morons such as yourself), but I'm certainly not going to use it on MY
copper pipes through which my drinking water passes. Sounds like you have no
about qualms doing so, which could explain a lot about your behavior.

To reply, eat the taco.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bbqboyee/