Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Hawwke-Ptooey: nattering dilettante, political chowderhead

On 4/17/2012 6:45 AM, Ed Huntress wrote:
On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 05:14:56 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Apr 17, 1:13 am, wrote:

So you either are connected like a George W. Bush who couldn't qualify
for Yale except for money, name, and a legacy. Or you are the
valedictorian of your high school. Nothing special about that, right?
Are you serious? If you aren't well connected or lucky you can forget
getting into any of those schools.

I will answer in detail later. Right now I have a bunch of things to
do. But you are wrong about what you say in the paragraph above.

It is true that there are a few legacy students. But the number is
almost non existent. For example the freshman class at Harvard is
about 1700. Out of that number I would estimate the number of legacy
students at maybe 4. Probably less than 4. That comes out to about
0.2 percent.

Harvard's legacies may run as high as 30%:

http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...gacy-legacies/

You idiot: that's the admission *rate* of all legacy applications.
Legacies as a percentage of the student body is about 12%-13%. It says
it right in the article you linked, stupid.