Posted to rec.woodworking
m II m II is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

PEX would burst at those high temperatures with any pressure on it.

Soft plastic with boiling steam inside it? This is how solar hot water
systems work and if the fluids are not kept flowing the steam
explosions can be quite dramatic.

-------------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message
Correct. Maybe it's a regional thing, but in the NE, we don't run
water
lines into the attic. The attic is supposed to be very cold in the
winter
and very hot in the summer. We keep our water lines located in the
more
comfortable areas of the house.

wrote:
Water pipes in the ATTIC?? Now that's a bass ackwards way of doing
things - at least it would be up here. Water pipes in the attic WOULD
be likely to freeze. We don't heat our attics - at least not
intentionally.