Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Shear strength of screws

On 4/17/2012 7:44 AM, m II wrote:
Lead free solder doesn't flow anyway. It doesn't matter what you heat.

---------------
"Mike Marlow" wrote in message ...
It does look like a nifty tool. I wouldn't buy one for the amount of
sweating I do, but it does look cool. As for what to heat - In my opinon it
doesn't matter - the heat will transfer to both parts.

------------
wrote:
Looks like a real handy tool - and just as a matter of interest -
remember that thread a few months ago about heating the pipe or the
fitting??? Notice the tool clamps to the PIPE, NOT the fitting???

I wonder why???
Because it WORKS.

That's what flux is for, ya top-posting flux-knuckle.

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.