Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.basics
Dave Platt Dave Platt is offline

Default Anyone using ooma?

In article ,
Jim Thompson wrote:

(1) Can you transfer your old land-line number to Ooma?

Probably. VoIP providers are, in general, covered by the same rules
about number portability (both "to them" and "from them") that the
traditional land-line providers are bound to.

http://www.ooma.com/products/port

I converted my wife's home-office business line over from a standard
PacBell/AT&T land-line, to a VoIP line (using Vitelity) as the
new carrier. There was a one-time fee for the porting (as is usual
for porting), it went off without a hitch, and it's been working fine
ever since. Since she gets few calls on that line, we opted for the
"DID fee, plus a per-minute charge" rather than flat-rate... and we
ended up paying about a third of what the landline had cost.

And, I live being able to blacklist known telemarketers via an
Asterisk database... they get a "congested line" rejection and the
phone never rings.

--
Dave Platt AE6EO