Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default OT Truth emerging about Fukushima.

harry wrote
Rod Speed wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote
Dave N wrote
The Natural Philosopher wrote

Where I live on the other hand, armed with a couple of shotguns and
enough cartridges to fend off the worst of the feral chav population,
and access to farms , a vegetable garden, and livestock and even wild
bunnies and pigeons, plus a working knowledge of basic sanitation and
healthcare, I might just make it.
I don't expect that I am the only to be disturbed by this rant of
yours.
You appear to have moved beyond reason into clinical paranoia.

Not really.

Yes, really.

But its a matter of considering the logical consequences of actually
running out of energy.

Nope, its actually about you being completely off with the fairys.

Say fossil fuel.

We wont run out of fossil fuel any century soon. There is plenty
of coal to last for centurys. And we have been able to turn that
into fuel for our cars for almost a century now too.

And a government which has collapsed because no one will lend it any
money,

Govts don’t collapse because no one will lend it any money.

And even if that does happen, they just have to run a balanced budget.

so there is no one to pay the 'forces of laws and order'..

Even sillier. They are paid for by taxation if you cant borrow any money.

I invite you to analyse modern society in terms of a 'single
point of failure' - that being petroleum products.

There wont be any single point of failure, JUST an increase in price.

80% of which are imports.

But don’t have to be if the **** has hit the fan.

And even you should have noticed how that was handled during WW2 anyway.

I am sure I would have seemed just as mad if 10 years ago I had warned
you
that we faced possible total collapse of the worlds financial systems...

That didn’t happen either.

and a global recession lasting a decade or more..

That hasn’t happened either. There is no recession at all in some places.

So, consider the supply chains and the operation of infrastructure
with no coal, no nuclear, and little or no gas or oil ...

That aint gunna happen either. And didn’t happen during WW2 either.

and tell me how long the country would last.

You might as well mindlessly hyperventilate about how
long the country would last if invaded by martians etc.

And where an in what way it would fail first.

We'd just see rationing like we did in WW2.

Weeks. And in the cities, it would make 'shawn of the dead' look like a
comedy..:-)

Just another of your silly little fantasys.

I don't often agree with TurNiP, but on this occasion he is entirely
correct.

Like hell he is.

If electricity failed for say a week, there would be rioting, murder and
mass panic in the cities.

Have fun explaining why that didn’t happen in Quebec either when
a severe ice storm quite literally brought down the high voltage
power lines that supplied the entire area for much longer than that.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_A..._storm_of_1998

Everywere, anywhere.

Just another of your silly little pig ignorant fantasys.