Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.basics
Joel Koltner[_3_] Joel Koltner[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone using ooma?

Jim Thompson wrote:
Question and comment:

(1) Can you transfer your old land-line number to Ooma?

Yes -- or at least they claim you can; we didn't do so as at the time we
didn't have any well-known number we wanted ported. Indeed, this was
when we were in southern Oregon, and we specifically chose a Portland
area code for our new number since that's where more of my wife's
clients were located.

Ah, he https://go.ooma.com/phone_numbers -- That'll let you check if
your number can be ported.

(2) I use MyFax, so I just E-mail a PDF to a specific E-mail address
and the recipient receives a normal "FAX". Likewise my advertised FAX
phone number just catches real faxes and then E-mails them to me.

That does sound like a better solution than the slightly-hacked Ooma
approach. She only sends perhaps 1 or 2 FAXes a month, though -- if it
were more MyFax sounds like the way to go.