Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.basics
Joel Koltner[_3_] Joel Koltner[_3_] is offline

Default Anyone using ooma?

Jim Thompson wrote:
Anyone using ooma?

We (well, my wife, really) have had it for almost three years now. It
works great for talking to people; she says the sound quality has always
been fine. She very much likes the ability to simultaneously ring both
the "Ooma phone" as well as her cell phone, as it pretty much means
she'll never miss a call. I like the fact that it is a self-contained
box that you plug "regular" phones into, rather than something than has
to be plugged into a PC that's powered up 24/7.

It's a bit of a hassle to set up for FAXing -- you have to dial an
access code first (*99) to tell Ooma to use a more "transparent" CoDec,
and set the FAX machine to a lowish speed --, but after doing that once
it works OK.

---Joel