Posted to rec.woodworking

Default sizing home jointers and planers?

Swingman wrote:

Go ahead, convince me that top of the line automobile paint
spraying/finishing equipment doesn't allow you to do a better job,
more quickly, efficiently and easier, and thus obtain additional work
"because of the work you perform(ed)".

I'm waiting ... with paint brush in hand for you to prove me wrong.

Yeahbut we both know that was not my point. I painted a lot of cars with a
25 year old Devilibis suction gun and a Binks Model 7 before I upgraded to
my HVLP. Turned out mirror finishes. The Chip Foose car I redid was shot
with one of those. My tools today do save me cost of materials, but they
don't make the paint jobs any better. I'm as good (or not as good...), with
either technology in my hand. Like you and Leon, my work is distinguished
by my practices, not by my tools. Not a doubt in my mind that the two of
you would get the repeat work, and the add on work if you were using Black
and Decker tools - because it's about the work you turn out, not the tools
that got you there. Yeah - good tools may work faster or more accurately,
but that only saves you the effort - it's still the work you turn out that
is recognized.

--

-Mike-